Products & Services
LTrace develops solutions for joint seismic inversion with innovative Bayesian approaches (see our post Why Bayes?). We provide plugins for Petrel, OpendTect and Services with our methods.
We also have a wide range of subsurface and geophysics related services offered through partners. Check out our Service Partners Page
Bayesian Linear Inversion
Using the convolutional seismic modeling and under the Gaussian assumption for the seismic errors and the prior distribution of the elastic properties, the Basyesian posterior distribution is analytically calculated:
The methodology is based on (Buland, A. & Omre, H., 2003) with some particularities. The prior distribution of elastic properties includes the property correlations, low frequency models and 3 dimensional spatial correlation models. We developed the software as a plugin for OpendTect, an open source platform used throughout the industry. We have employed the latest GPU-based libraries for extreme parallelism and acceleration, therefore, if the user has an NVIDIA® GPU, the process will run on it using only 10 to 20% of the time compared to running the inversion on CPU.
Another innovative aspect of our inversion product will be the wavelet estimation
The wavelet estimation process is based on the phase and amplitude spectrum optimization using Simulated Annealing, in order to match not only the seismic data but also the inverted properties with the well logs. This approach enable the merge of the inversion quality control with the wavelet estimation at the same user interface.
LTrace also provides the methodologies as a service, we can work together with the company experts to employ deterministic and stochastic inversion techniques, as well as post-inversion analises.
- Low frequency modeling
- Bayesian Linearized inversion
- Statistical Prior distribution based on rock-physics model
- Compute the conditional distribution of Petrophysical properties given the elastic properties and its uncertainties
- Construction of stratigraphic grid with horizons and normal faults for simulations
- Geostatistical simulations of porosity/permeability
- Estimation and calibration of new wavelets
- Considering a previously defined facies log
Facies geostatistical simulations
- Reservoir facies characterization
Probabilistic connectivity analysis
- Given a previously defined well position and facies simulations, the reservoir connected to the well is analyzed.
F3 Demo Sample Data
Angle stack sample data, based on F3 demo for running the Bayesian Linear Inversion. The seismic data is a synthetic based on the acoustic impedance from the F3 Demo dataset.
Download at F3 Demo for BLI.